Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Better understand the ideal proportions, form analysis, relations between surface nose structures and deep anatomy, relations between lights and shadows
- Recognize the different deformities of upper, middle and lower thirds, malpositions of lateral crura
- Appreciate the importance of measurements, preservation of bone stability and structural support in achieving a predictable and attractive nose with open rhinoplasty
- Learn new open rhinoplasty techniques
Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation
Vitaly Zholtikov, MD finished his Medical State University Pavlov in Saint-Petersburg in 2000. From 2000 to 2005 he made his Residence in ...
Marco KLINGER, MD
Enrico ROBOTTI, MD
Massimiliano BRAMBILLA, MD
Riccardo MAZZOLA, MD
- 08:30 - 09:00Registration
- 09:00 - 09:05Introduction(M. Klinger, E. Robotti, M. Brambilla, R. Mazzola)
- 09:05 - 13:00Piezo-assisted live surgery: Open Rhinoplasty(V. Zholtikov)
- 13:00 - 14:00Lunch
- 14:00 - 14:45LectureAesthetic analysis of the Nose. Measurements. (with VIDEO)
Rhinoplasty is often thought of as a surgical procedure; however, the nonsurgical aspects of the procedure are more important for optimizing outcomes and minimizing reoperation and complications. That’s why precise analysis is key for truly pleasant result, first of all for a surgeon and then for the patient.
- 14:45 - 15:30LectureDifferent techniques for osteotomy (traditional, electro-power, piezo) – new sight on current problems. Piezo ostectomy and osteotomy with maximum preservation of bone stability. (with VIDEO)
This talk describes the experience of using of Piezo-electrical instruments in rhinoplasty when working with bony section of the nose, the main principal of which is based on preservation nose bones stability. We can reach stability when widely use rhinosculpture as well as separately or in combination with various osteotomies with preservation of bony bridges in the most of all clinical cases. Such approach gives only limited amplitude for the movement of the nose bones, that secures the side wall stability of the bony pyramid in the postoperative period.
- 15:30 - 15:45Coffe break
- 15:45 - 16:30LectureNew view on the middle vault preservation and reconstruction. (with VIDEO)
Modern middle vault preservation and reconstruction techniques offers an attractive alternative to traditional techniques to enhance control and precision while avoiding many of the risks associated with traditional techniques.
- 16:30 - 17:15LectureTip surgery - combination of techniques for achievement of attractive results. (with VIDEO)
Modern tip technique has to be universal effective and predictable with various deformities of nose tip. This talk describes the experience of using contemporary tip techniques: lateral crura transposition, when combined with cartilage grafting techniques and modern camouflage techniques offer an alternative approach to tip refinement in which long-term results become attractive and predictable.
- 17:15 - 17:30Q&A
- 17:30 - 17:45Evaluation through questionnaire
- 17:45 - 18:00Conclusions and Adjournment
Auditorium – Building2 – Sala B
Via Manzoni 56
20089 Rozzano (MI)